Re: Problems with 2 Web sites, using Konqueror

  • Subject: Re: Problems with 2 Web sites, using Konqueror
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:10:13 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Geoffrey Clements] on Saturday 19 November 2005 07:58 \__

> Neil Ellwood wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:12:46 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:
>>
>>> I've just had problems trying to make a booking on Virgin Atlantic, and
>>> also with Odeon Cinemas (www.odeon.co.uk).
>>>
>>> In the case of Odeon, the booking went all the way through until
>>> after entering credit card info, then locked up on the final confirm.
>>> (Tried 3 times)
>>>
>>> With Virgin, all went well until the point where it should show a
>>> calendar for me to select dates. The calendar did not appear. (Tried 3
>>> times).
>>>
>>> In both cases, I then booted WinXP, and I.E. did both jobs first time.
>>>
>>> Is there some known problem in this area with Konqueror?

It is usually the Web sites. Odeon Cinemas are notorious when it comes to
browser support. I can clearly recall Odeon rants, which were raised in this
newsgroups before.

>>> (Using SuSE 9.0 Pro; Konqueror 3.1.4.)
>> It is probably those sites at fault. You could try another browser such as
>> Epiphany, Firefox or Galeon.

...or Opera, which is now free and easy to install (binaries to uncompress).

> in addition ... that's quite an old version of konquerer so I'd consider
> updating.

Yes, it sounds like that version is rather old. KDE 3.1 in SuSE 9.0? I
thought it would be 3.2 or thereabout because SuSE 8.2 has KDE 3.1.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 21978 x 4 = 21978 backwards
  8:05am  up 16 days  3:59,  4 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.28, 0.55