Re: Please help: menu problem

  • Subject: Re: Please help: menu problem
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 16:16:38 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites
__/ [Mr.Will] on Saturday 19 November 2005 13:45 \__

> Hello guys,
>
> I am quite new to flash, and have been constructing sites for Planet Sound
> Community Arts. To date we didnt consider use of flash because of the ease
> of html and javascript, however a template company made us reconsider. I
> suceeded in adapting a template to www.planetsound-arts.co.uk/drumschool

Nice Flash menu. Good work.

> ... but as for the current one I am struggling to make the menu text
> appear. I
> have both the fla file and the published file
>
> you can find it at www.planetsound-arts.co.uk/aaa

It was unpleasant to discover that underneath the Flash, navigation was
unavailable to users who have not installed Flash or refuse to play it. The
Flash clip does not show up in Firefox/Linux, even with Flashblock disabled.
This implies that the SWF is corrupt or that the embedment of the Flash clip
(should use <object> and check for its validity) is malformed.

> If you want the fla file, that will be at the above but with
> flash/header.fla
>
> Many thanks for any who will help me.
>
> Mr.Will

This is likely to develop into a Flash-specific problem that requires a
person to open your file in Macromedia's Flash development suite. I suggest
you consider posting to the Flash newsgroup. I once tried them (many years
ago) and they were very helpful and kind.

Hope it helps and best of luck!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Lions are like hippie tigers"
  4:10pm  up 17 days 12:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.76, 0.79