Re: SuSE 10.1 (GNOME) Screenshots

__/ [Vahis] on Saturday 19 November 2005 14:03 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Screenshot gallery just out:
>>
>> http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/slideshow.php?release=506&slide=6
>>
>> I don't like the looks of that. I still long for KDE as the default WM.
>> Either way, this is the alpha 3 of SuSE 10.1. I imagine that this move to
>> GNOME is the reason for the point one?... SuSE 9.1 comes to mind, so
>> probably not.
>>
>> Roy
>
> What is now wrong?
> There are equal options to choose KDE, Gnome or other.
> If you choose any of them you can take the others, too.

Like someone just said,

__/ [Michel Catudal] on Saturday 19 November 2005 21:50 \__

> He is mixing Open Suse and Novell Linux. Novell has made a business
> choice with gnome but Open Suse will still have it. Novell Linux will
> install gnome by default...

Apologies about this mistake...

> What exactly is your problem?

No problem. I posted screenshots that have just been released and rather then
leave it as a blank post with a link, I decided to add my personal opinion,
which was based on a fallacy unfortunetly.

> There are defaults later in the installation in 10.0 worse than not
> default at all. Just one example: ssh disabled as default = good,
> but if chosen to enabled, root login enabled = bad, default = ssh1 & 2 =
> bad, should be default ssh 2 only.
> Did you ever notice anything important in there or are you just nagging
> for nothing?

No. My mistake seems to have made a few people angry and I'm sorry about
that.