Re: New Toolbars

  • Subject: Re: New Toolbars
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:41:28 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.misc
__/ [Ed Cryer] on Monday 21 November 2005 10:34 \__

> "Jack Ouzzi" <mick.sturbes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Why do so many software companies nail Yahoo or Google toolbars onto
>> thier programs or worse updates and 'small print' it so you don't see
>> it until it's too late.
>>
>> I don't want yer F...... toolbars NOW F... OFF !!!
>>
>> Ahhh I feel better now ............. ;-)

I think that Adobe Acrobat Reader insists on installation of the Yahoo
toolbar. No toolbar, no PDF's. I think there is some reciprocity there
(search bar in Acrobat), but the toolbars pre-requisite only affects Windows
users. I had a discussion about it some months ago. The user is rarely in
control these days, especially with spyware floating about everywhere.

> When it gets as bad as this;
> http://j-walkblog.com/blog/images2/powerfulbrowser.jpg
> then it's time for action.

Oh, Gosh. I have 5 enabled at the moment (Firefox) and I thought /that/ was
excessive.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication