Re: New Toolbars

"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:dlsboe$jsn$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
__/ [Ed Cryer] on Monday 21 November 2005 10:34 \__

"Jack Ouzzi" <mick.sturbes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Why do so many software companies nail Yahoo or Google toolbars onto
thier programs or worse updates and 'small print' it so you don't see
it until it's too late.

I don't want yer F...... toolbars NOW F... OFF !!!

Ahhh I feel better now ............. ;-)

I think that Adobe Acrobat Reader insists on installation of the Yahoo
toolbar. No toolbar, no PDF's. I think there is some reciprocity there
(search bar in Acrobat), but the toolbars pre-requisite only affects Windows
users. I had a discussion about it some months ago. The user is rarely in
control these days, especially with spyware floating about everywhere.

When it gets as bad as this;
http://j-walkblog.com/blog/images2/powerfulbrowser.jpg
then it's time for action.

Oh, Gosh. I have 5 enabled at the moment (Firefox) and I thought /that/ was
excessive.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Proprietary cripples communication

I have two, but not active. Google and Wanadoo. In IE6 you can right click on the top alongside Standard Buttons and things, and switch them on/off.

Ed