Re: Problems with 2 Web sites, using Konqueror

  • Subject: Re: Problems with 2 Web sites, using Konqueror
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:14:32 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Maurice Batey] on Sunday 20 November 2005 20:53 \__

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:12:46 +0000, Maurice Batey wrote:
>
>> I've just had problems trying to make a booking on Virgin Atlantic, and
>> also with Odeon Cinemas (www.odeon.co.uk).
>
> Now just had same problem with BA.COM AAAGGGHHHH...
> And SuSe 9.0 has been dead-ended already has it? Mmmm.
> Maybe YaSt Online Update might find somewthing?
>
> Guess I may just use WinXP for these cases. No problems with e.g.
> Nationwide, Logis de France, etc....

Why not use Firefox? It /always/ appears to work fine. Opera is now a free
download as well. Why not take advantage of it?

If  I  ever use Konqueror, it is to read pages. I am reluctant to  use  it
where site designers suffer from narrow-mindedness. Some would reject Kon-
queror based on the fact that, to them, it is yet unheard of.

You  mentioned the possibility of using WinXP. What will you use then? In-
ternet  Explorer?  Firefox  and Opera are superior browsers and  both  are
available  for Linux. Not only are they painless to install, but all  they
require  is  that you uncompress the binaries. No installation is  simpler
than that.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
  8:10am  up 18 days  4:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.39, 0.65, 0.76