Re: 2 domain names, 1 site

__/ [Timmermans] on Wednesday 23 November 2005 13:40 \__

> Hi everybody,
>
> Another question if I may.
>
> Of course I'm looking for the prefered solution to keep Google happy!
>
> I have a site on domain A with extension .be (maleisie .be), if I were to
> acquire the same domain but with extension .nl, what is the prefered way to
> run these sites?
>
> Can I just have one pointing to another?
>
> Would it be ok to have two sites with identical content, except for the
> name of the site?
>
> Or any other solution that might do the trick?
>
> Regards,
> Steven

This was actually asked just a week ago. You suggest you a look at the
following:

http://message-id.net/1132029800.253836.93300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    (follow that thread for follow-ups)

In short, it would better re-direct from one to the other. The Web does not
need mirrors for each and every site, often for the sake of domain
possession. Sites with identical content can be penalised, become hard to
maintain and are generally pointless.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
  2:35pm  up 20 days 10:29,  4 users,  load average: 2.23, 1.30, 0.92