Re: unable to access google cache for certain websites

  • Subject: Re: unable to access google cache for certain websites
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 16:35:12 +0000
  • Followup-to: alt.websites
  • Newsgroups: alt.websites, alt.www.webmaster
__/ [Nospam] on Wednesday 23 November 2005 16:36 \__

> "Nospam" <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I have recently found that I am unable to access google's cache of certain
>> websites, most of my google information I usually use it's cache, but it
> is
>> becoming frustrating not to be able to access several of it's cache any
>> longer.  I don't know if it is because I use spyware blaster, and have
>> immunized internet explorer with spoybot s&d or that my isp uses a proxy
>> server (it didn't make any difference until recently) might have anything
>> do with no longer being able to access google's cache?
>>
> would like to add that the error msg I get is
> from google is
>
> "Sorry, no content found for this URL"
>
> is this something to do with google, or am Infected with something? or my
> isp is blocking access to certain sites?

That's unlikely. Certain infections used to cause results pages to display
pornographic sites. Others appeared to have supplied a fake Google front
page (a spoof).

I recently found that I get a similar (possibly identical) error message to
yours. This happens when I try to access the cache of various pages which
are by all means live and public (servers go down sometimes or content
changes). Can you post some example URL's so that we can compare and see if
it is global?

If you need a proxy (a remote computer) to test this with:

http://schestowitz.com/proxy

username: open
password: proxy

Try it from there (it's my Web server). Please be sure not to misuse it.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation
  4:25pm  up 21 days 12:19,  4 users,  load average: 0.50, 0.61, 0.56