Re: Laptop with the brightest display screen?

  • Subject: Re: Laptop with the brightest display screen?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 05:21:04 +0000
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
__/ [Michael Mc Grenaghan] on Thursday 24 November 2005 18:29 \__

> A few sales people have told me that the top brands all have different
> types of displays. Some are brighter than others. What do you think is
> the brightest display out there?
>
> Thanks.

Brightness is almost proportional to the rate that your battery's capacity
will be devoured. Brightness is not necessarily the most important feature
and, while on the move, you should often set it low.

The Macs (iBooks) have very bright displays and I have the impression that
so  do the Sony Vaio's. I am not too sure about Toshiba, Acer and some  of
the cheaper brands. Then again, it would be difficult to judge. Not every-
one  pushes brightness to the extreme. It is neither necessary nor practi-
cal  in  my humble opinion. My PDA always has backlight switched off,  for
instance.

All  laptops  will be bright enough for the user to be satisfied.  It's  a
matter  of opinion, but default brightness levels are another matter.  The
better  the  battery life, the brighter your display will be  for  longer.
Thus,  perhaps  it's worth investigating battery life rather than  bright-
ness.

(again, it's just a personal opinion)

Roy S. Schestowitz
  5:10am  up 22 days  1:04,  4 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.50, 0.62