Re: Can Konqueror filemanager list selected files to stdout?

  • Subject: Re: Can Konqueror filemanager list selected files to stdout?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:08:23 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde
__/ [Scott Stephens] on Tuesday 22 November 2005 16:22 \__

> I want to have a list of files I move and delete with Konquerors file
> manager. Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve modifying source?
>
> Can a java applet do file operations if it has permissions?
>
> Scott

I tend to open a shell in Konqueror whenever I want file listing as text
(rather than objects). I suspect, however, that you will not be able to
achieve what you describe, even though it sounds rather simple (like an
operations log). The only exception I can think of involves redefining
commands like mv and rm, possibly aliasing these with some new function of
yours. Some people modify rm so that it leaves a possibility for restoring
deleted files. I don't think that Konqueror will access rm and mv directly
though...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
  9:00am  up 22 days  4:54,  5 users,  load average: 1.65, 1.44, 1.48