Re: Tech Images???

  • Subject: Re: Tech Images???
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:36:58 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
__/ [Barbara de Zoete] on Friday 25 November 2005 09:05 \__

> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:59:03 +0100, Mike <mdempsey1128@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering how people come up with the technical images.  For
>> example, I was looking at some study material and they had images of
>> browser windows with the "file" tab depressed showing you what exactly
>> to do.
>> I hope this question makes some sort of sense and thank you
>
> If you're asking how to do that? Just get a small app that can capture a
> screen[1] using a hotkey. Because of that hotkey, you can have any menu
> open, any dialog, any sort of window, and then capture the lot. If the
> mouse pointer is gone, add it later with some image editor.
>
> [1] I use ScreenHunter for this (on Windows).

The Macs have a special key combination for this. I think it was the
CTRL-adjacent-symbol+F3 in OS 9 or earlier. I haven't tried this in Mac OS
X.

Under Windows, you need typically press Print Screen, then paste the outcome
from the clipboard onto a graphical manipulation application like paint.exe.

In Linux, either use import (man import for more details). If you use KDE,
use ksnapshop.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Warning 0x12C: ispell feels tired
 10:30am  up 22 days  6:24,  5 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.43, 0.61