Re: Ardwick and Hulme Rejoice

__/ [mogga] on Wednesday 23 November 2005 11:26 \__

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/184/184424_university_to_give_locals_a_chance.html

> Prof Brooks knows that could impact on the university's position in
> national league tables, but he says it is a risk he is willing to
> take. "League tables do a lot of damage," he said. "It is a risk you
> have to evaluate. But we are a sufficiently large and robust
> university to take students from disadvantaged backgrounds.

Elevating education 'in-house' while neglecting to care for ranks.

I like the sound of that, but I also know the effect of institutes that
unite. Up in Oxford road, they promise to deliver world-class achievements
by 2015, but I am highly skeptic about it. It seems like the priority on the
agenda is not fierce and highly-selective recruitment.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Every polar bear is left-handed
  7:20am  up   7:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.53, 0.55, 0.41