[Urgent] Apache Help

My site has come under heavy attacks by infected machines world-wide (no
idea why they chose me). It has been getting worse for the past week or
so and is now reaching levels that put my hosting provider in jeopardy.

The referrer seems to be a good criterion for filtering. I see about 50
referring URL's, all of them from Tonga (ending with the .to suffix), apart
from a single German referral and one from Cocos Islands (I'm serious).

New referring URL's continue to be added as we speak, but not too quickly.

How do I write something to have Apache {die} all requests based on
referring URL?

Help please... soon if possible...

Many thanks,