Re: Rel='nofollow' in Blog Links

__/ [T.J.] on Saturday 15 October 2005 11:40 \__

>> __/ [John Bokma] on Saturday 15 October 2005 08:19 \__

>>> Aargh, you link to a well know troll: Xah Lee.
>>
>> rel="nofollow"ed it just 30 seconds ago. I read some of the replies in
>> that
>> crossposted thread.
>>
>> Is 3 years not enough time to capitalise the "i"'s?
>>
>> Roy
>

> Links: this site is 100% rel="nofollow"-FREE, i.e. links are honoured
> by all search engines.  ;o)

Well, true as far as the commenter and their comments go. I use nofollow to
drain life out of links that serve the aims of /the/ monopoly, as well as
those that lead to duplicate content (e.g. corresponding printer-friendly
and PDF versions).

Regardless, I see more and more sites that begin to realise the moral issues
with nofollow and reverse the out-of-the-box traits of their CMS as to
respect and accredit all links. Also, disdain for backlinks-based engines
is growing, much like the recent wide-spread realisation of proprietary
formats and their damage (c/f Massachusetts versus Office). Subsequently,
you hear more ranks about the current state-of-affair among crawlers,
sponsored search tools, etc. etc.

I am beginning to see more referrals from Scroogle...

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
  2:35pm  up 51 days  2:49,  5 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.23, 0.24