Re: Ballmer advises Africa on upstart Open Source

__/ [John Bailo] on Sunday 16 October 2005 19:50 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

>> The following link is well out-of-date, but I think it can contribute to
>> this discusssion:
>>
>> http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/07/08/HNafrolinux_1.html
>
> The one interesting thing about this is that you can see where it really
> hurts them: not the OS per se, but the highly priced Office sales.   Open
> Office on Windows can do as much damage to the monopoly as Linux per se.
> Once people have converted to OO, the Os conversion would occur naturally.

It already does according to the plans in the city of Berlin.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
  7:50pm  up 52 days  8:04,  5 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.50, 0.54