Re: Windows needs Microsoft to Defend Itself

On 2005-10-11, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> __/ [chrisv] on Tuesday 11 October 2005 17:23 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [chrisv] on Tuesday 11 October 2005 16:10 \__

>>>I know, I know. If you look at the link, you will see that it is too long
>>>to fit without breaking netiquette.
>>
>> I was unaware of any "netiquette" issue regarding long URL's.  All
>> proper newsreaders handle them just fine.
>
> That depends on your definition of "proper". Also bear in mind that UseNet
> is not accessed by just newsreaders. Archives and Web interfaces have to be
> catered for as well.
>
> It's that recurring theme of "people do not use it the way you intend", be
> it a Web site or (God forbid) a chainsaw.
>
> Roy

Do what I do. I post the long version and a smaller one with it. It
caters to both tastes. And it gives the Windufii a chance to connect
without having to cut'n'paste several lines of text as well.

--
It's a shame Linux has such difficulty running some of the more popular
Windows applications: Nimda, CodeRed, Klez, ILOVEYOU, WPA, Swen,