Re: Justify and/or Hyphenate - SOLVED

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Sunday 16 October 2005 18:57 \__

> This may be somewhat unrelated to this group, but I can't think of  where
> else it fits. Is it possible to take text such as the text I am composing
> at the very moment and then, given some value of width, fit it to a rect-
> angular block where both justification (using space insertion) and hyphe-
> nation (a la LaTeX) are  determined  wisely?  I  can  think  of  possible
> issues such as spellchecking and indexing, but they don't appear to deter
> me much.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Roy

Got it!! Works beautifully too and use the TeX modules...

 Project homepage: http://freshmeat.net/projects/paradj/

First test run:

roy@BAINE:~/Desktop/paradj> echo 'lskdfhsjdfbjsdbfsdhfidsjfodshfds nfi
dysou;f udsidf hjdsfkdsfvbids fisyd fiuds fuyds fguods fgousd djs hfuds
fugds hfuhsd fvjsd foidsfgodsu fioshg fds if' >1

roy@BAINE:~/Desktop/paradj> perl paradj.pl --width=40 -h -r 1
    lskdfhsjdfbjsdbfsdhfidsjfodshfds nfi
 dysou;f udsidf hjdsfkdsfvbids fisyd fi-
 uds fuyds fguods fgousd djs hfuds fugds
  hfuhsd fvjsd foidsfgodsu fioshg fds if

Thanks for your input, Toby. You had me look a little more closely into
Perl.

There are also Python equivalent(s):

  tp://freshmeat.net/projects/pyhnj/

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open the Gate$ to Hell
  6:00am  up 53 days 18:14,  8 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.44, 0.67