Re: Pages and Subpages PR

__/ [Brian Wakem] on Saturday 22 October 2005 10:14 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I thought the group would like to check out this tool which traverses your
>> site, listing PageRank of each page progressively and displaying it all as
>> the script is run:
>>
>> http://www.rightscripts.com/pagerank
>>
>> The site has nothing whatsoever to do with me, but I just saw a
>> recommendation in a blog I keep track of.
>>
>> Roy
>

> It found 71 PR'd pages on our site before it stopped.  Not sure why it
> stopped though, there's loads more.
>
> It would have been nice to see the results because during this recent
> google shake up we've gone from having a dozen PR'd pages to hundereds,
> maybe thousands.

Probably avoiding a resource hog, justifiably so.

You can expand Bokma's Perl script to achieve what you want though. With
commands like 'find' you can get a list of all your pages, then convert
these (using search & replace) to proper URL's and passing these to the
script as inputs.

If you haven't got the site on your hard-drive already, you could in
principle download it using FTP (or alternatives like SCP), grabbers, etc.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  1:25pm  up 58 days  1:39,  9 users,  load average: 0.29, 0.41, 0.51