Re: Facial Recognition Software for Photos

  • Subject: Re: Facial Recognition Software for Photos
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 18:00:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: sci.image.processing
__/ [chortler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on Friday 28 October 2005 15:50 \__

> Does anyone know of any software that will recongnise different faces
> within a photo/jpeg image and then tag/rename the photo accordingly??

You'll probably need to write your own, making use of existing code. Train
your system to recognise a selected number of people and then try to match a
model (just one possibility among a few) to faces in that image. Active
shape (ASM) and appearance models (AAM) come to mind.

Once a match is said to have been found, pipe that name/s and rename the
file/s accordingly. I can envision the way it should be implemented, but I
don't know of any free (Open Source) implementation of face recognition
algorithms. In the case of still photos, you might need to do some global
search as well as more localised and refined search.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Real E-mail -> Harvest -> Fraud -> Spammers profit
  5:55pm  up 64 days  3:10,  5 users,  load average: 0.12, 0.19, 0.21