Re: Jagger Update

__/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Saturday 29 October 2005 07:22 \__

> __/ [SourceGenie] on Saturday 29 October 2005 07:15 \__
>
>> i have my portal www.pakrealesate.com built on .net technology. long
>> time ago it was appearing in the google but now its not appearing
>> because of the .net <input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" value="  A
>> lot of garbade is appearing here              " because of this tag. so
>> wat should i do to remove this tag or to appear my site on google
>> again. because our site is the best in town.
>
> This must be the effect of the current update in Google (dubbed "Jagger" by
> WMW). You will probably re-appear within a week or so. Also make sure that
> your site validates, at least for the sake of the visitors. Nasty HTML is
> never something to be silently accepted.
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> Roy

__/ [SourceGenie] on Saturday 29 October 2005 08:10 \__

> the thing is tht the website was appearing 1, 2 months back. after tht
> it was not. so is this dubbed "Jagger" by WMW support asp.net websites

I  have  just  tried to access your site in order to take a  closer  look.
Either  the address above contains a typo or your site is presently  down.
If  a site is frequently down at crucial times (e.g. pre-re-indexing), the
site  may temporarily be omitted from the Google index, or more precisely,
be ranked at significantly lower positions until the subsequent update/s.

Jagger  does  not penalise sites that use ASP .Net. Some said it  may  pe-
nalise  for link exchanges, but we believe this to be impractical.  Jagger
is  an  update whose duration should be approximately 3 weeks and it  com-
prises 3 so-called patches, assuming I recall correctly.

If  you are not too sure when you dropped off the top positions in  Google
(or  disappeared  altogether),  I suggest you download the  free  software
called Visitors (latest version is 0.6) and track Google referrals to your
site on a day-to-day basis. This might help you identify what happened and
when.  Jagger began to affect me at the beginning of this month and I  hit
the bottom low around the 18th. It was gradual.

Hope it helps,

Roy

PS  - Regarding posting/netiquette: please always quote when replying.  By
neglecting  to do so, you make it harder for other members of the group to
follow, thus you are less likely to receive help.

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "On the eighth day, God created UNIX"
  2:40pm  up 64 days 22:15,  5 users,  load average: 0.49, 0.53, 0.50