Re: problem using palm with xp pro

__/ [Tom] on Friday 28 October 2005 18:51 \__

> Hi,
>
> I just got a Z22.  I am having problem installing the software to XP Pro.
> I need to ask my admin to login and have him install the software for me.
>
> The problem is when I login, the palm desktop or the hotsync will not work
> at all.
>
> Any solution?

None other than waiting for the administrator to install all necessary
software. Windows XP does not support Palm devices at its core (from what I
have recently heard neither will Vista). You must have the add-ons, e.g.
HotSync Manager, Palm Desktop and so forth.

It appears much easier with Linux where Palm support is built-in (most modern
distributions), so it's a plug-and-play situation.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
  4:45pm  up 65 days  0:20,  5 users,  load average: 0.42, 0.38, 0.41