Re: Interoperable Encryption

  • Subject: Re: Interoperable Encryption
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:04:25 +0100
  • Followup-to: uk.comp.security, comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.security, comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [DarkFlib] on Saturday 29 October 2005 03:01 \__

> I have a program for my palm handheld that allows it to act like a usb
> flash disk, it shouldn't be that hard to do a similar thing with a palm
> for encrypted storage and it probably already exists somewhere...
>
> Mike

Are you referring to use of your Palm as a USB 'key'? Put differently, do you
want to use the Palm as the key to decoding a filesystem? This is already
done with USB drives as far as I know.

Are you looking for a specific Palm application? If so, the folks at
comp.sys.palmtops.pilot would be most helpful (added to target groups).

You should also be able be able to encrypt data on your Palm, but to what
extent it would be inter-operable, I'm not too sure.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
  5:00pm  up 65 days  0:35,  5 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.52, 0.44