Re: Jagger Update

__/ [Stacey] on Saturday 29 October 2005 16:59 \__

>> __/ [Roy Schestowitz] on Saturday 29 October 2005 07:22 \__
> <snip>
>
>> Jagger  does  not penalise sites that use ASP .Net. Some said it  may  pe-
>> nalise  for link exchanges, but we believe this to be impractical.  Jagger
>> is  an  update whose duration should be approximately 3 weeks and it  com-
>> prises 3 so-called patches, assuming I recall correctly.
>
> Who is we?:-) It can have something to do with link exchanges, if you
> exchange links with grossly non related links. And of course if you
> exchange for a site wide thing with 3 to 4 sites with mass links. Google is
> really cutting down on the way a person links and who they link with. Not
> really going after the recip thing though.
>
> Stacey

You're  right.  I was thinking about blogrolls and link exchanges that  do
not involve bad neighbourhoods or link vault-like programs.

I  became aware of several sites that exchange many links (either recipro-
cal or indirectly reciprocal). Their PageRank was either unaffected or was
on the rise.