Re: Microsoft Kill my Site

__/ [Peter Crosland] on Sunday 30 October 2005 17:47 \__

>>>You have no claim against Microsoft.
>>
>> I'm not so sure.  It's easily arguable that Microsoft have been
>> negligent for many years in selling software that is so easily
>> compromised and that their negligence has caused many hundreds of
>> millions of pounds/dollars in damage to hundreds of thousands of
>> individuals and companies.
>>
>> I'd love to see someone try to sue them.  Deep pockets would be
>> needed, of course :-(

...which is something I do not have. No 'mom and pop' can ever sue Microsoft
for anything.

> Whilst I am no apologist for Microsoft I think you are wrong. Exactly how
> is anyone going to prove that the attack was not due to users being
> negligent in applying patches and/or other appropriate security measures? A
> very up hill struggle I suspect!
>
> Peter Crosland

That's what I imagined. That EULA would probably say that if the user does
patch up the product, he/she is fully responsible for the consequence.
meanwhile, my site continues to get hammered and nobody in the world can
ever be held accounted.