Re: Massachusetts Plans to Dump Office

  • Subject: Re: Massachusetts Plans to Dump Office
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 09:33:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [Donn Miller] on Saturday 03 September 2005 08:59 \__

> Blood Money wrote:
>> There's still a long way to go, but the writing is on the wall...
>> http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,122394,00.asp
>>
>> My sides still hurt from laughing at this:
>>
>> "A Microsoft spokesperson said that the company's support of XML in
>> Office and other products shows that Microsoft, too, is in favor of
>> open formats for data interoperability and the archiving of public
>> records. However, Microsoft does not believe the public sector should
>> force a single document format on its agencies, especially one that may
>> be less functional than what they are already using, the spokesperson
>> said."
>>
>> Microsoft doesn't believe the public sector should force a single
>> format?
>> BWWAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!
>> Funny how they didn't mind when it was their software.
>
> Man, screw all of that.  Whatever happened to LyX.  Never tried it, but
> it sounds like something I'd want to use, badly.

I use LyX for /everything/ (apart from Web design) and I absolutely love it.
Go to the Web site and join our lively mailing list, which will answer any
question you may have.

http://www.lyx.org/

I currently write my thesis in LyX and my template got adopted by many
others. Don't miss out on LyX, a tool that makes LaTeX seem like a toy and
nevertheless produce the same "hardcover book standard" results.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "No, I didn't buy that from eBay"
  9:30am  up 9 days 21:41,  3 users,  load average: 0.20, 0.34, 0.28