Re: US emergency administration web site IE6 only

__/ [Harlan Messinger] on Wednesday 07 September 2005 17:28 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> Nothing happened when the Patents Office addressed the public, asking
>> about the possibility of an MSIE-only site. From what I have been told, 6
>> hard copies had to be sent by each individual only to protest about the
>> choice.
>
> What is this, the 1960s? The patent office doesn't have its own copying
> machine?

Only when it serves their purpose. Moving papers around and binning a
proposal is a lot of work, isn't it? The process of feedback will
discourage opposition.

Ever since Marlan posted this link in the newsgroup, the story has flooded
the Net: major news agencies, Slashdot and many blogs. It is rewarding to
have been notified before the real outrage broke out.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Signature pending approval"
  5:25am  up 15 days  7:17,  3 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.06, 0.89