Re: best argument against creationists yet

  • Subject: Re: best argument against creationists yet
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:00:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.hacker
__/ [Gandalf  Parker] on Friday 09 September 2005 14:38 \__

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-
> dyn/content/article/2005/09/08/AR2005090801254.html
>
> Scientists have found evidence that the human brain is still evolving.
> That could prove out to be one of the best proofs vs the Creationists. Not
> the Intelligent Design folks but the creationists within that group. Part
> of the basis of their belief is often a belief that man was created whole,
> perfect, and finished (in their gods image).
>
> Gandalf  Parker

One of the commenters in Slashdot rightfully (yet gently and tactfully)
pointed out that the human race seems to procreate the least where
intellect has become inherent. This is adverse to what we find in nature as
physical traits != brain and in our modern world one supersedes the other.

I thought it was an interesting implication of culture, even though medicine
could suggest the contrary. Having said that, medicine makes life longer,
improves fertility rates,yet does not necessarily affect the number of
children that a family will choose to have. In fact, with better chances of
survival, one would argue that this becomes a reproduction deterrent.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Lions are like hippie tigers"
  3:50pm  up 15 days 17:42,  3 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.42, 0.51