Re: Realplayer or Equivalent

  • Subject: Re: Realplayer or Equivalent
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 07:13:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.os.linux
__/ [Jack Ouzzi] on Saturday 10 September 2005 07:57 \__

> Hi,
>
> I like to listen to BBC Radio programs that I have missed, but need
> Realplayer or an equivalent to hear/stream it. Using Ubuntu and PCLOS
> (2 machines) and Firefox 1.6 on both.

Huh? Wha? I downloaded Firefox (Deep Park) 1.5 beta yesterday, which in the
About section had the label 1.4. Can you hook me up on that futuristic 1.6?
*smile*

By the way, 1.5 appears to be breaking some extensions that worked in 1.0.x
so be very cautious...

> On the PCLOS machine it appears to 'work' but no sound (I have checked
> that the 'sound' volume is on ..... or have I ? (a music mp3 file will
> play fine)

Are you playing music at the same time? My mixer is broken, so I must stop
the MP3 player in order to get sound in Real Player.

> On the Ubuntu machine it does not work. I have downloaded the
> Realplayer10 for Linux file (.bin) but now what do I do with it??
>
> Any help appreciated.

Are there no instructions bound to the the file that you received from the
site? If not, try the package manager in Ubuntu. I haven't used it in
months, so I can't even remember what it's called...

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  7:05am  up 16 days  8:57,  7 users,  load average: 2.95, 1.69, 1.56