Re: Dabs Disappointment

__/ [Martin Underwood] on Saturday 10 September 2005 16:28 \__

> "Jeff Gaines" <jgaines_newsid@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On 10/09/2005 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to share my unpleasant experience shopping with Dabs.
>>
>> If you think that's bad just wait until you have a problem with
>> something you buy from them!

I was advised to hold on to the box. It is a Linux machine and I should be
able to handle it myself unless the motherboard fries.

>> Don't use them is the only sensible advice.

Too late. *smile*

> The most frustrating thing with Dabs is that there's no way to contact
> them by phone to get an immediate answer to a question: you have to email
> them and wait several days until they deign to reply - usually with a
> reply that totally misses the point, meaning you've got to rephrase the
> question and wait another few days for a reply. Since I discovered the
> discounted prices by ordering over the web from PC World, I tend to buy
> from them now.

By reply that misses the point do you mean a single sentence? They are quite
good at sending automated responses though, e.g. "We have received your
message blah, blah, blah".

> Which mail order suppliers would you recommend, if Dabs is not
> recommended?

I assume that the question was not directed at me...

Many thanks for concurring with me,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | make install -not war
  6:00pm  up 16 days 18:31,  3 users,  load average: 0.43, 0.76, 0.87