Re: SEO Services Scraper?

__/ [John Bokma] on Tuesday 13 September 2005 05:51 \__

>> __/ [John Bokma] on Monday 12 September 2005 20:02 \__
>
>>> Yup, and they use an outdated call to Google Toolbar, so the info is
>>> probably wrong (on purpose) and less then useful.
>>
>> This reminds me to ask: are your Perl scripts working again?
>
> prog.pl? Yes. Sometimes a glitch seems to happen and it reports that it
> can't determine the PageRank. Have to look into a better error reporting
> (or a retry, since a retry often does give a report).

Great! It seems to work fine now. I overwrote the existing version that I
had of prog.pl, just in case. Whether it was different of not, I doubt it.
Your timestamp indicated it was last edited in June.

For the time being, I disabled the Google cron job. It would not be wise to
upset them and my IP addresses are fixed too.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Mod me up and I'll cherish you"
  6:35am  up 19 days  0:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.51, 0.71, 0.80