Re: Risize NTFS Partition

__/ [Stephen Chadfield] on Friday 16 September 2005 13:41 \__

>> __/ [Stephen Chadfield] on Friday 16 September 2005 12:17 \__
>>> There are free programs which can safely resize XP NTFS partitions:
>>>
>>>   http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/mlf/ezaz/ntfsresize.html
>>
>> Interesting. I'd love to use it in order to shove a second parition onto
>> some computers (parents come to mind). I am not too fond of the URL
>> though... linux.rulez... sounds like the hard-drive might end up
>> deep.fr1ed.
>
> I have succesfully used the rescue CD linked by that page to
> non-destructively resize XP partitions.

It seems as if the bare-bone tool actually gets used very extensively by
installers, in which case the entire process is greatly simplified. For
some reason, I wasn't able to do this when trying Ubuntu and RedHat. I was
assuming that Linux must be installed before Windows, but I guess it was
silly altogether.

I wonder what impact WinFS will have on all of that. It is intended to sit
on top of NTFS.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Mod me up and I'll mod you down"
  1:55pm  up 22 days  2:09,  3 users,  load average: 0.86, 0.48, 0.29