Re: Hosting - Acceptable Uptime

__/ [rockradio2000@xxxxxxxxxxxx] on Saturday 17 September 2005 09:54 \__

>> PS - I would _never_ host my own site/s. There is so much hassle and work
>> involved.
> Yeah. I couldn't agree more with that staitment.
>  Hosts do everything in batch mode or one stone hits 100 birds.
>> (no offence Toby)
>>
>> --
>> Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the
>> oceans
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    |     PGP-Key: 74572E8E
>>   3:55am  up 22 days 16:09,
>
> I would expect my host to be online 99.9% of the time.
>  2 users,  load average: 0.48, 0.33, 0.42
> Regards Chad. http://freewebdesign.cjb.cc

I have not been down since I started counting, i.e. 22 days ago. No memory
leaks either despite heavy overnight tasks with experimental code. Having
said that, the DNS server which I rely on was down for a few minutes
(reboot) a couple of days ago. The folks do it systematically.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "In hell, treason is the work of angels"
  2:05pm  up 23 days  2:19,  2 users,  load average: 0.86, 0.97, 0.68