How Penetrable are SSH/SCP?

About twice a week, I mirror my hard-drive over the network as means of
backup. I use SCP for that purpose. Also, much of my work is done via SSH.
To what extent is a highly proficient system admin able to scoop and
analyse packets? To what extent can the type of the data be analysed? Can
anybody point to a good source on the subject?

I must stress that these are work machines containing nothing peculiar, but
E-mail and memos (including passwords), for example, are a private matter,
which happens to travel over the network several time a week.

Thanks,