Re: LyX Markup

__/ [bringmewater@xxxxxxxxx] on Monday 19 September 2005 13:11 \__

> Are there any examples or would you care to make one that shows in Lyx
> how I would mark up for TOC and Indexes?
>
> Thanks a lot.

'Mark-up', or rather /structure/ is strictly imposed in LyX. You do not
control the looks of the text (the styles do it). Instead, every element
must be defined as e.g. Section, Algorithm, an Itemised element, etc. From
this well-understood data, which you have provided,  you can then have a
TOC generated automatically. You don't need to add anything extra. The best
thing to do is to play around with the software or see some examples,
perhaps screenshots. Words are too 'fluffy' to convery how LyX works. It's
almost like teaching computer graphics from books that contain only text.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  4:10pm  up 25 days  4:24,  3 users,  load average: 0.98, 0.81, 0.71