Re: Subdomains and SEO

__/ [Big Bill] on Tuesday 20 September 2005 13:13 \__

> On 20 Sep 2005 03:16:48 -0700, "sph001" <sph001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>In all this - is there any recent discussions about Google favoring one
>>over the other? where the use of subdomains may HURT SEO ranking? thanks
>
> Slow it down a little maybe in that it can be seen as a new domain and
> treated accordingly. But not actually hurt.

Your utmost concern should be building your site properly. Build it
gracefully and search engines will like you. This should not in any way
hurt from a search engine's point-of-view. I fail to see why/hoe it may.

Remember that when a site is built to fool a search engine, it shows. As
Bill quoted earlier, it can hurt too and lead to banishment. Use dubdomains
when it is suitable to do so. If your site sells flowers, gives Web mail
access and delivers photos, that's a read light. You should then use
subdomains or break apart into separate domains.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | United States: #1 in spam export
  1:40pm  up 26 days  1:54,  4 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.13, 0.09