Re: nx9000 - Radeon IGP 340M - dual monitors

  • Subject: Re: nx9000 - Radeon IGP 340M - dual monitors
  • From: ts86 <nntp-DOT-dump@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:15:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

But it's treated as one big desktop, rather
than seperate monitors. E.g. dialog boxes pop-up half-half on laptop
screen and external screen.

Isn't that what you want? Would you prefer two identical pictures on both displays? You cannot fragment that display into two, managing two separate desktop environments.

I want dual-monitors for an extended desktop, but Windows do understand that it's two seperate screens and not treat it all like one monitor.

E.g. on my laptop the taskbar extends all the way across both screens, but on my desktop the taskbar is only on the primary screen yet i can still move programs over to the 2nd monitor (like a dual head setup is used for).

Is this issue because I'm running Windows 2000 and not Windows XP?
I've known this similar issue dual-port Geforce cards on desktop systems.

I am still failing to grasp what you are trying to achieve. I don't think that XP/2000 should lead to inconsistencies. The card's drivers are compatible with both and are probably identical in both cases.

I can upgrade, but only want to do it if it will fix this issue (too
much time/hassle otherwise).

TIA.

Hope it helps,