Re: (News) Linux Growth Triples That of Windows

  • Subject: Re: (News) Linux Growth Triples That of Windows
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 10:08:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Handover Phist ] on Saturday 01 April 2006 01:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz blithely blithered
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Linux adoptions are to grow in the next three to five years
>>| at nearly triple the rate of Windows, according to Oracle.
>>|
>>| In an interview at the LinuxWorld conference in Sydney, the
>>| database company suggested Linux deployments had grown beyond
>>| an adoption phase, and were now becoming ubiquitous in small
>>| and large businesses alike."
>> `----
>>
>> http://uk.builder.com/programming/unix/0,39026612,39305138,00.htm
>
> Honestly the only problem I have with this is the MS monopoly. They have
> nowhere else to grow.

This is not entirely true. Think of the many countries where not everyone has
a computer, yet. There is constant growth, which explains why despite many
disappointment at Microsoft (delays, OpenOffice, Google, Linux servers
taking over), their revenues continued to grow last quarter.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Stand for nothing and you will fall for anything"
 10:05am  up 23 days 23:48,  10 users,  load average: 2.43, 1.39, 1.09