Re: (News) The New Anti-Linux FUD Campaign

  • Subject: Re: (News) The New Anti-Linux FUD Campaign
  • From: Sinister Midget <sinister@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 00:48:14 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2006-03-31, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Where do Unix shops who want to migrate go next? You'd think they go
>| for Linux. Or is it Windows? It depends who's asking.
>|
>| According Microsoft-commissioned research, contrary to what one might
>| see as a natural move over from Unix to Linux, more ex-Unix shops run
>| Windows than Linux.
>|
>| A survey, conducted by IDC on Microsoft's behalf, looked at 400
>| Unix shops, which were garnered at random from our sister title
>| Network World's subscriber list, according to one report.
> `----
>
> http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?NewsID=5691&inkc=0

They can buy all of the results they want. It doesn't make it so. It
doesn't change the momentum, nor the direction.

Winders is losing. Buying more propaganda is just wasting the money
that righfully should be going to shareholders. They'll wake up to it
eventually. They should hope to do so before it's too late and they
find out Blammer has headed off to Argentina with the loot.

--
Linux: A culture of repair.
Windows: A culture of despair.