Re: Interesting "game"

__/ [ mogga ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 16:22 \__

> http://www.alexadex.com/ad/
>
> This is very interesting - buying and selling shares in sites on the
> world wide web. The price of a share is set at the site's daily reach
> per million, according to alexa.com.

I saw it when my site got included, but it seemed rather stupid. If you look
at detailed traffic ranks at alexa.com, you can see the prospective rank
(thus future 'stock price'). There is an average traffic estimate for a
week, a month and also three months (corresponds to formal, toolbar rank),
if I recall correctly. Atop that, these ranks are easy to manipulate, at
least for the smaller sites.,

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  7:00pm  up 25 days  8:43,  10 users,  load average: 0.66, 0.46, 0.50