Re: FreeBSD Struggles Financially

  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD Struggles Financially
  • From: Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 15:27:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Erik Funkenbusch ] on Thursday 23 March 2006 20:16 \__
>
>> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 18:49:19 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>> *OPEN*BSD, not FreeBSD.  There you go with your misleading subject lines
>> again.
>>
>> By the way, this isn't just about OpenBSD, it's also OpenSSH, which is
>> maintained by the OpenBSD team.
>
> I was trigger happy with <Ctrl>+ENTER and to err is human. My mind was not
> working at that moment.
>
> It  amuses me to know that you read all of these headline, yet rarely com-
> ment. This implies that you have nothing to say other than to make correc-
> tion  and  spot typos (no, I still don't proofread). I remember  the  days
> when  you  bloodsucking trolls were having mutual fsckfests in this  news-
> group.  I guess you just can't handle the true facts anymore. The theme is
> not Windows-bashing, nor is it a lesson in journalism or grammar.
>
> Mario's reply was so childish that it is better off disregarded.

As Microsoft have used BSD code for so many years, no doubt Erik will be
the first to indicate that they'll be contributing a few millions of
spare change to the BSD foundation, or whoever it is.  Or are Microsoft
just freeloading..?

What is mind?  No matter.  What is matter?  Never mind.
		-- Thomas Hewitt Key, 1799-1875