Re: Site dropped to PR4

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 20:46:13 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 19:06 \__
>
>> On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:58:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>__/ [ Paul B ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 13:39 \__

<snip>

>Will do.
>
>It's actually related to Google Video in my case. They crashed the browser of
>my blog visiotors and then plonked the blog subsection on the face of it. I
>sent them a cocky reinclusion request (appended below), in case my guess was
>correct (a light lit atop my head at the gym as it all began 8 days ago).
>

>> Still on a PR4 here. Cleared cached - even rebooted. Same :(
>

>If traffic is unaffected (e.g. you are positioned at PR 4.9), why mind?

Traffic is down about 3000 for the last 3 days, but the kids are not
at school, so that may have a baring on it.

As for the PR, well, it could be seen as a sign of a penalty. I don't
bother looking for links for that site, I get inbounds all the time,
so it kind of looks after itself.

But wouldn't we all want to see a higher PR than we prevously had ?

>That 'trophy figure' at the front page is invisible or misunderstood by so many
>and it is only *us* who actually mind it. Hey! Cheer up. Flavell has PR8 on
>his HTML experimental homepage from the mid-nineties! *smile*

>>>Best wishes,
>>>
>>>Roy
>>
>> plh
>> Paul
>

>HTH,
>
>Roy
>
>=============================
>Appendage
>
>http://www.schestowitz.com/Weblog/
>
>I am very apologetic, confused, worried and distressed at the moment. My site
>has been penalised and the PageRank dropped to zero.

Don't worry. it's only a 'trophy figure' <g>

>8 days ago, I innocently embedded a Google Video in my blog, having seen
>several others blogs do the same thing (at least 4 of them). What I did not
>realise was that, despite the visibility of the Google logo, this was a
>serious offence. All these years I have criticised those who dishonour fair
>use, but truthfully I was the victim of my own ignorance. My ranks at Google
>have dropped ever since this penalty was put in place, even though I removed
>the embedment that caused this and also apologised in public. That was
>around 7 days ago.
>
>I am begging you to please life this ban if possible. I have defended Google
>for many years and ironically I became a victim, for which I am to blame.
>< snip />

>Many thanks in advance and many apologies for my mistake,
>
>Roy

lick, lick lick, kiss, kiss kiss    lol
--
Handmade Jewelry http://www.houstoncrafts.com/ Beaded with loving care.