Re: (News) Companies Fix Microsoft's Bugs, Microsoft 'Thanks' Companies

  • Subject: Re: (News) Companies Fix Microsoft's Bugs, Microsoft 'Thanks' Companies
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 23:10:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Kelsey Bjarnason ] on Sunday 02 April 2006 23:01 \__

> On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:58:47 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Microsoft Warns Against Outside Fixes
>>
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060331/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_s_security_snags
>
> "This time, Ullrich said the flaw appears to be less worrisome, so SANS is
> recommending that people either disable part of Internet Explorer..."
>
> One wonders how to disable the part that does all the HTML rendering,
> scripting, ActiveX support and the rest.  You know, disabling just the
> dangerous bits.

Microsoft should have just bought Opera, as the false rumours once suggested.
The ship sinks deeper and deeper and I doubt any browser maker would want to
be associated with the trainwreck. I continue to read about more and more
notable figures that predict the end of Windows. No-one denies it and even
manegers at Microsoft began to flee.

Novell executive are taking the lead at small Linux software houses, which
may indicate that they believe in potential for exponential growth in
independent Linux services and supply. This rule has almost no exceptions.
also includes a top executive at HP and new managers at Google.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Billigator: eats your filesystem alive
 11:05pm  up 25 days 12:48,  10 users,  load average: 0.54, 0.98, 1.04