Re: Novell Devour Microsoft's Share

  • Subject: Re: Novell Devour Microsoft's Share
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 4 Apr 2006 09:59:08 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
DFS wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> > Novell Chips Away at Microsoft's Desktop Dominance
> >
> > http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6225/1/

> The thread title is a lie.

Seems that Roy has resorted into some sort of trolling mode where he
essentially lies and twists the truth regularly. This is certainly an
*obvious* attempt to do just that.

Quite frankly I don't see this big attachment that COLA folks have
towards Novell. Okay... so they bought SuSE Linux in attempt to bolster
their own revenue stream. But Novell is essentially a closed-source
software company.

Can you download Netware for free and or get the source code? How about
other Novell products like Novell Audit, Groupwise, iFolder, Netmail or
anything else. For some reason Novell is heralded as some sort of big
proponent of open-source when in fact SuSE is just about the only
open-source thing in their entire product suite.