Re: Windows Live is Already Dying

__/ [ Black Dragon ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 11:23 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> [Windows Live] (never had a chance to begin with)
>
> Roy;
>
> Several days ago you were using "[News]" tags on the subject line. That is
> a great idea! Helps those of us (tinu) who aren't interested in reading
> news clippings on the Usenet filter it (with slrn, score it) without
> resorting to filtering everything you post.

That was the intent; I am glad you are finding this helpful. It is a quick
and easy way to saturate the threads (detracting from subject lines like
"Linux burned my house" or "Roy Culley is a flapper") while keeping some
notion of categorisation.

As a side note, I sometimes feel awkward labelling someone's opinion or an
off-topic discussion [News]. Too many tags complicate filters too, which
boggles the mind.

Best wishes,