Re: How stable is the LifeDrive?

  • Subject: Re: How stable is the LifeDrive?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:34:59 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [ Guy Bannis ] on Monday 24 April 2006 23:58 \__

> In article <444cf54e$0$9232$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  "JoeJoe" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Looking to invest in one in the next few weeks, but am a little concerned
>> with the large number of complaints about it stability and skips whilst
>> playing audio that I came accross when searching for reviews. Admittedly,
>> most of those complaints that I saw were from late last year.
>
> People seldom post satisfaction or raves. They will post complaints.
>
> So statistically, you're more likely to read complaints online and in
> reviews than praise.

That's correct. Devices that are rarely mentioned are probably reliable
(unless, of course, they fail to sell). The newsgroups and forums
concentrate on troubleshooting. I have come across stability complaints in
relation to the LifeDrive, but as later suggested:

__/ [ Galley ] on Tuesday 25 April 2006 03:16 \__

> MIne was flaky at first, but since the 2.0 update it's been fairly
> solid.

I don't use a LifeDrive myself, so I go by word of mouth.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"
  4:30am  up 2 days 13:27,  10 users,  load average: 0.36, 0.51, 0.68