Re: Start Hotsync using the desktop

  • Subject: Re: Start Hotsync using the desktop
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 04:31:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
__/ [ Jeffrey Kaplan ] on Monday 24 April 2006 18:58 \__

> It is alleged that josircg@xxxxxxxxx claimed:
>
>>My Tungsten E had a liquid crystal leak and I can't access data
>>anymore.
>>I want to hotsync it, but the hotsync button (based on the touch
>>screen) is not working.
>
> Why can't you start the synch with the button on the cradle or cable?

I imagine that the question was just poorly (ambiguously or imprecisely
rather) phrased.

> Is there a software ou resource where I can start the Hotsync process
> by the desktop computer ?

I believe that the USB cradle (assumed here) acts as a 'master' whereas the
computer is a 'slave'. I asked a similar question in the past and I believe
it is not possible to invoke the operation from the desktop. This, for
example, is why the physical HotSync button needs to be pressed in order for
the computer to detect the device at setup time. Remember that the device
might be switched off at times.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K
http://Schestowitz.com  |    SuSE Linux    ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
  4:25am  up 2 days 13:22,  10 users,  load average: 0.92, 0.87, 0.84