Re: [News] Linux Distributors Joins Forces, Settle on Standards

In article <1867013.oRVCaVTJWD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Linux Distributors Unite on Standard
>
> ,----[ Quite ]
> | In a move to make the freely distributed
> | Linux operating system a stronger alternative to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows,
> | a group of major Linux distributors announced Friday they have united on
> | a standard set of components for desktop versions of Linux.
> `----

(1) I've seen people on this group complain about the problems that this
latest standardization effort is trying to address.  They are called
trolls and liars and told that they problems don't exist.

(2) Isn't this about the 4th time or so that major distributors have
formed some kind of standards group to address these issues?

--
--Tim Smith