Ed Mullen wrote:
> It's interesting, at least from an academic standpoint. Not sure that
> I'd employ it on my site.
My initial thought process quickly went something along these lines:
1. Oh, that's clever/different!
2. Must be an animated GIF.
3. I wonder if he's linked to a GIF file proper or has found some way
to hack an ICO?
4. Was that a stupid question?
5. I could see this thing starting to get annoying after a short
period of time.
6. This is starting to get on my nerves.
7. Make it stop!!
It really is horribly distracting in Firefox, since it's still chugging
along in your peripheral vision even when another tab is being used.
Nothing wrong with having it up as a proof-of-concept, though!