Re: [News] eBay Liaise with Microsoft and Yahoo to Fight Google

On 2006-04-22, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Auction giant reportedly talks to Microsoft, Yahoo on how to compete with
> search king

They'll be sooorrreeeeee!

> http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=16581&hed=eBay+Worried+About+Google
>
> To add context, Google use Linux whereas eBay heavily use Windows technology.
> Google have new services that compete with eBay, e.g. Froogle, Google Base,
> Google Local/Finance, Wallet (eBay's PayPal) and maybe Auctions are soon to
> come.

Indeed. I often wondered why searches (and page loading) were so slow.
Now I understand. I never dug into it. I just assumed they were smarter
than that after their little Passport fiasco of a few years ago:

http://news.com.com/eBay+revokes+Microsofts+Passport/2100-7345_3-5542438.html

I hope Paypal goes down the dumper. I had my runin with them.

I like and use eBay. I'd like them to have some competition, though. If
they're going to team up with the Borg for anything, there's nowhere to
go but down.

Looks like they're choosing to go to the sub-basement and beyond.

--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot.