Re: Google and 'topsites'

__/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 07:43 \__

>> __/ [ John Bokma ] on Saturday 22 April 2006 06:11 \__

>> This reminds me of Webrings. Rarely worth the time, but it provides a
>> good lunching pad, from which to gain initial momentum.
>
>        ^^^^^^^^ Mc Donalds has free ones :-D

Oops. I was fairly hungry when I wrote this. Maybe I should restart
proofreading like I used to do.

>>> Nope.
>>>
>>> PR0 could mean: has no PR yet.
>>>
>>> Write good content.
>>
>> Not enough. Chicken and egg situation. *smile* One must get traffic
>> (e.g. search engine referrals) for quality of content to be
>> appreciated. Business cards don't bring visits.
>
> Depends on where you hand them out. And yes, a full color well designed
> card might do a better trick then a home printed floppy b/w card.

You could never produce and hand out 9,000 cards or so per day, could you?
For small(er) business sites this may be fine, but there are simpler ways.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "World ends in five minutes - please log out"
  8:05am  up 44 days 21:48,  13 users,  load average: 0.72, 0.54, 0.48